Announcement: Release of Octopus Desktop for Windows V.3.5.2
Modified on: Mon, 25 Apr, 2022 at 11:59 PM
Announcement: Octopus Desk for Windows version 3.5.2 is released!
This new version provides further enhancements to the end user login experience, additional systray actions, a smoother installation flow and speedy troubleshooting mechanisms. Version highlights include:
- Users can now log into Windows with the Octopus Authenticator mobile app using Bluetooth or NFC authentication.
- Users can now connect to the Cisco VPN directly from the systray after performing OTP authentication.
- Users in Bypass mode can now view and copy the AD password from the systray by entering the temporary token.
- The TPM version (if relevant) is now included in the workstation details displayed in the Octopus Management Console.
- The Login screen help message, as well as the prompts for showing and hiding the message, is now entered directly in the MSIUpdater, allowing the Admin to customize the text as necessary.
- Systray action and message strings displayed to the user can now be customized and displayed in languages other than English.
- Installations of Octopus Desk with software distribution tools automatically aborts if the required Visual C++ distribution package is not installed, and an error message is displayed.
Attached please find the release notes with the list of all new features in this version.
For more information please refer to the attached Release Notes.
The new version's S/W and guides can be obtained by login to the Support Center.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.